My AWESOME blog banner about was made by the awesome MK at missdesignit.etsy.com

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oatmeal Bread

Lately I have been making bread at home and I think I am addicted to it.  My family has started to request certain breads and the first recipe I want to share with you is

OATMEAL BREAD

Below are the ingredients for this bread. It doesn't call for eggs so this is a good bread for anyone with egg allergies.

    2 Cups Water
    1 Cup quick cooking oats
    3 TBS butter or oil
    1 pkg yeast
    1/3 Cup Warm Water (I used homemade RICE MILK..click HERE for recipe)
    1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
    1 TBS White Sugar
    1Tsp Salt
    5 1/4 Cup Plain Flour

Directions for Making Oatmeal Bread.
.
Heat 2 Cups of water (or RICE MILK) to almost boiling.
Add oats, butter, brown sugar and salt. Let cool.
Meanwhile, add 1/3 Cup Warm Water to a small dish with yeast, along with 1 TBS of white sugar.
Combine oat mixture with 4 Cups flour, knead for 8 to 10 minutes.
Add more flour till smooth and elastic.
Place in a greased bowl.
Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place till doubled about an hour
Punch down. Let it rest about 10 minutes.
Shape into loaves. Place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise again, about an hour.
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a bit of oatmeal
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

I weighed out the dough into 2 regular loaves and 2 small loves

Sorry about the lack of pictures but I got the bug to blog just a few minutes ago and I made this bread this morning

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it wyld....
kim